4/28/08

'Against The Code'

 
5"x6" oil -canvas mounted on masonite panel.
After a rainstorm last week , our front lawn sprouted some very prolific and beautiful purple wildflowers. Unfortunately, I guess they grew too high, and we were visited by the local code enforcer who issued us a written warning and educated us on the neighborhood property codes for lawn maintenance! The citation warning mentioned a fine of $500. per day if the situation was not rectified within a few days time!! Well, not wanting to go into debt or jail, and before my husband had a chance to get out there and mow down all the pretty flowers, I went out with my snippers and collected a gorgeous purple batch for my mason jar and have since committed them to a little 5" x 6"canvas, evidence of our law abiding attitude!!